sim8675's profile - Class of 2024
|Columbia University||Pending||RDregular decision||yes||no||Nov 12|
|Cornell University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Nov 12||Jan 14|
|Duke University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Jan 11|
|George Washington Un...||Accepted||RDregular decision||no||no||$81,000|
|Georgetown University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Dec 18|
|Harvard University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Nov 12||Nov 23|
|New York University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Jan 01||Jan 17|
|Northwestern University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Jan 12|
|Stanford University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Dec 17|
|UCBerkeley||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Dec 11||Jan 11|
|UCLos Angeles||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Jan 13||Jan 14||Jan 14|
|UChicago||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Dec 11||Dec 21|
|UMichigan||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Jan 19|
|UPennsylvania||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no||Dec 15||Jan 05|
|UVirginia||Pending||RDregular decision||yes||no||Nov 19||Dec 07|
|Vanderbilt University||Accepted||RDregular decision||no||no||Nov 09||Jan 07|
|Yale University||Pending||RDregular decision||no||no|
Status checks in queue: 0
- 22:49 Hobojoe: Ik this isn’t r/lsat but i just wanted to share this
- 22:50 Hobojoe: Just PTed a 176, that’s my personal best
- 22:50 Hobojoe: Hopefully I can nail my April retake and be a strong candidate for 21-22 :)
- 23:04 CourtroomBrown: @hobojoe Congratulations friend! That's some fantastic work and you should be proud of the effort you're putting in. You're going to make a fantastic lawyer!
- 23:15 pricklycantankerousdragon: @CourtroomBrown you're a legend! Keep killing the admissions game!
- 23:19 PerpetualDamagedCass: prickly-- you're a legend to me!
- 23:21 CourtroomBrown: @prickly thank you, that means a lot <3 and I agree with @perpetual, you're a legend to me too!
- 23:22 PerpetualDamagedCass: y'all getting that darrow + t3 life is :D
- 23:24 CourtroomBrown: Perpetual I see you with the darrow too! Congratulations, such a wonderful achievement!
- 23:24 PerpetualDamagedCass: <3
- 23:25 PerpetualDamagedCass: Hit me up on reddit if you wanna chat because right now I'm going Blue
- 23:29 CourtroomBrown: U got it !
- 23:49 Hobojoe: Thanks brown! The encouragement means a lot
- 23:49 khan0817: @courtroombrown is your name a new girl reference? I appreciate you lol
- 23:50 Lawsimp: Think there will be a WL/R wave from UCLA tomorrow?
- 23:52 alegal: i love newgirl omg
- 0:53 Torquatus: happy monday everyone
- 0:53 Torquatus: may the odds be ever in your favor
- 0:54 SomberGullibleMongoose: Getting ready to miss another WashU trickle :')
- 1:53 crowningmoment: also waiting for washu
- 6:26 CeaselessVoraciousJellyfish: Do we think there is another Harvard R wave soon?
- 7:43 bchiki32: I feel like my status checker isn't loading properly. Is it supposed to update you every time you are under review for the first time or what the decision is?
- 7:50 sufferingprelaw: @bch it "goes red" every time there is a change in one of your statuses
- 7:50 sufferingprelaw: that could mean going complete, going under review for the first, second, or even third time, or a final decision
- 7:52 Doggopups: are yall just checking statuses on this site or logging into the individual school's checker sites?
- 7:55 sufferingprelaw: mostly this site, unless it crashes or one of the schools isn't working
- 7:55 sufferingprelaw: except if its uc davis, they don't have the same status checker so i have to manually check that
- 8:14 FinickyFanaticalGopher: good morning y'all.. good luck this week!!
- 8:15 HEYY: Any wave predictions for today?
- 8:16 mayoicecream: good luck friends!
- 8:22 GingerAle365: I feel like not much til tomorrow or Wednesday, but would also welcome the idea of Cornell having an A wave today lol
- 8:37 bchiki32: I feel like none of my statuses have changed, but then again I just made an acct
- 8:37 bchiki32: I submitted back in late Noc
- 8:37 bchiki32: Nov
- 8:40 gingeraleenthusiast: ginger ale!!
- 8:41 gingeraleenthusiast: I enjoy so much that there is another
- 9:02 mayoicecream: Were there really Stanford As sent out over the weekend or is that some sort of error...?
- 9:03 SunshineSally: Wishing everyone Bon Chance - and remember these acceptances and rejections don’t define us!
- 9:18 Multivitamin: Best of luck this week everyone!
- 9:21 abradley42099: Godspeed everyone
- 9:23 WeekapaugGroove: good luck this week y'all!
- 9:46 DonkeyFart123: Huge princeton wave today, wish me luck!
- 9:52 GSDMutt: I told my mother that I got into Princeton Law. She was so happy for me. It hurt to have to inform her that PLS folded around 1852
- 10:00 SleepyAbstractedChipmunk: Do most folks' statuses get updated daily? I thought mine usually were, but now for several schools there hasn't been an update since Weds of last week. Seems weird.
- 10:04 yearningtolawyer: idk where you applied, but very rarely will schools update on a regular basis like that
- 10:04 yearningtolawyer: it's not at all uncommon to go several weeks between UR updates
- 10:10 DefiantNaiveGiraffe: Is anyone else stuck on "complete" for a really long time?
- 10:10 justarandompublicservant: should be time for a ND A wave.
- 10:10 DefiantNaiveGiraffe: Fordham and BC have had me on complete for like 8 weeks...
- 10:10 justarandompublicservant: I have been complete at ND for 8, and UR at Northwestern for 5.
- 10:11 DefiantNaiveGiraffe: Does that mean they haven't looked at me yet, or that they arent great at updating statuses?
- 10:11 yearningtolawyer: idk about fordham and bc, but some schools never update past complete
- 10:11 justarandompublicservant: Depends on the school, some go complete to decision. others go complete, ur, ur2, decision.
- 10:13 elshan: @DefiantNaiveGiraffe be thankful about fordham tbh. I was under review for 1 day and got WL
- 10:14 anoshe: @giraffe: hm when did you apply? i went complete at BC on 1/19 and went UR on 1/22. my account updated before i got the UR email, though, on the 23rd.
- 10:15 DefiantNaiveGiraffe: I've been complete at Fordham since 12/4 and BC since 12/8
- 10:15 primeWLmaterial: im complete at BC on 12/7 and still not UR wtf
- 10:17 DefiantNaiveGiraffe: Yikes, ok, so not just my app...
- 10:18 nota999: Morning nerds, how's life?
- 10:19 yearningtolawyer: it's rough nota
- 10:19 AustralianCity123: Waiting on Emory :')
- 10:19 yearningtolawyer: i'm just ready to be hit by some WLs soon
- 10:21 UnableGrouchyBat: anyone else's BU status change this AM?
- 10:22 nota999: Not mine, but that's probably not super helpful for you lol
- 10:22 ZoomLaw2021: baylor or boston?
- 10:22 UnableGrouchyBat: Boston
- 10:22 ZoomLaw2021: can't say for Boston
- 10:23 UnableGrouchyBat: BU is hard for me to track bc I went UR twice that week of Xmas but people think they may have updated their system so I have no idea if Im at UR1, 2, 3, neither, or something else entirely
- 10:23 anoshe: @giraffe and @prime: oh hmm did you guys apply for BC's PI scholarship? maybe that's it?
- 10:26 nota999: Oh! So folks here might have seen this already, but during the last Penn wave, someone figured out that it seems to be based really heavily on the UR1 date instead of the UR2, just to help folks manage expectations before the next wave
- 10:26 nota999: (UPenn not Penn State)
- 10:26 NicklausCopernicus18: How long do people seem to stay UR2 at UVA before hearing anything (i.e. interview request etc)?
- 10:26 NicklausCopernicus18: Just anecdotally?
- 10:27 FertileSecretiveUguisu: @Nick months. ages, even
- 10:27 NicklausCopernicus18: What i figured lol
- 10:27 mireina: Any predicted movement from W&M or VAndy?
- 10:27 FertileSecretiveUguisu: I've been UR2 for like a month
- 10:27 NicklausCopernicus18: Considering it was already months for me to go from UR1 to UR2
- 10:28 nota999: I expect Vandy to keep up with their slow trickle of decisions
- 10:28 FertileSecretiveUguisu: watching WUSTL accept people who applied a month after I interviewed get in with lower LSAT and gpa yike
- 10:29 apple12: just went ur2 at duke... fingers crossed they're starting to get moving
- 10:30 nota999: @Uguisu especially when it's like "I interviewed then got in two days later" like good to know I whiffed my interview, I guess?
- 10:31 BelowMedianSaddie: how do i get fordham to put me under review
- 10:32 NicklausCopernicus18: @apple yeahhhhh I went UR2 at Duke over a month ago lol
- 10:36 LetMeInnnnnnn: In at Emory, got a letter today, applied first week of December
- 10:36 nota999: Congrats!
- 10:37 AustralianCity123: congrats!~
- 10:37 BelowMedianSaddie: guess they let you Innnnnnn
- 10:39 apple12: Darn it @ Nicklaus but congrats letmein!!!
- 10:40 UnableGrouchyBat: email for Emory or package?
- 10:40 LetMeInnnnnnn: package, haven't read through it yet since I've got to be on meetings for the next hour and a half but it did include a decent merit scholarship
- 10:40 anoshe: Congrats!
- 10:40 UnableGrouchyBat: congrats!!
- 10:40 RhetoricalPriceyTropicbird: @nick UR1 10/5, UR2 10/26, interview invite 11/18, accepted 11/23 for UVA
- 10:41 LetMeInnnnnnn: thanks all, great to have the first acceptance so I know I didn't completely screw up my applications lol!
- 10:41 RhetoricalPriceyTropicbird: congrats letmein!
- 10:41 AustralianCity123: @letmein did it come via Fedex?
- 10:42 LetMeInnnnnnn: I'll have to check the envelope when I get back to the other room, it was in our building's mailbox for my unit, though
- 10:42 anoshe: curious, did you ever try and log into the emory opus site?
- 10:43 LetMeInnnnnnn: I did but I did not see any indicator of acceptance
- 10:45 anoshe: oh interesting! lol we went complete on the same day so i thought i'd ask.
- 10:47 nota999: The first acceptance is always a weight off the shoulders, for sure
- 10:47 nota999: I'd be way more of a neurotic mess this cycle if I hadn't had that A from UofAZ
- 10:49 WetCrookedMeerkat: i just missed a call from st. louis, MO and got so damn excited until i remembered that i didn't even apply to WashU
- 10:50 anoshe: haha!
- 10:50 nota999: I wouldn't count it out. Some days it feels like WashU is gonna start admitted people who didn't even apply before they finally get around to my app lol
- 10:50 WetCrookedMeerkat: that is... so painful i'm sorry
- 10:51 anoshe: tragically i don't get service in my office :/ or maybe that's good since i don't get car warranty calls lol
- 10:51 WetCrookedMeerkat: it's a good thing for sure because i went from "sorry i only pick up calls from my mother" to picking up every single spam call in existence :)
- 10:52 nota999: Same lol
- 10:52 nota999: like "I know this school is in Missouri, but maybe someone is calling from their cell phone and they have a Colorado number?"
- 10:52 nota999: And then I start applying the clown makeup
- 10:53 WetCrookedMeerkat: but some schools are using Google Voice numbers from different area codes, so ur not entirely wrong
- 10:53 WetCrookedMeerkat: or that's what i tell myself when i pick up calls from CANADA
- 10:57 [A] cryptanon: helloooo chat
- 10:57 [A] cryptanon: any 500 errors today?
- 10:57 nota999: Morning crypt, no errors so far
- 10:57 WetCrookedMeerkat: smooth sailing, thanks to u :)
- 10:58 UnableGrouchyBat: ditto
- 10:58 nota999: Thanks for finding the time to work on this site while also juggling HLS lol
- 10:58 [A] cryptanon: great, hopefully it stays that way so that i can work on more interesting features
- 10:59 [A] cryptanon: @nota999: i'm actually taking spring semester off to work full-time on bundlebee and lsdata :)
- 10:59 nota999: Oh nice! Also valid!
- 11:00 [A] cryptanon: yeah, i worked remotely for 7 years before law school and went to school for the in-person aspect
- 11:00 [A] cryptanon: covid kinda ruined that lol
- 11:00 BelowMedianSaddie: is harvard v lenient about taking time off? i think everyone i know who went to hls ended up taking a semester off for something
- 11:00 BelowMedianSaddie: (something fun!)
- 11:01 nota999: Mood. I was thinking about law school last year, and almost hopped in that cycle. Once covid hit, I was glad that I decided to wait another year lol
- 11:01 [A] cryptanon: yeah, it's basically a no-questions-asked leave of absence policy for this winter/spring
- 11:02 [A] cryptanon: although i think HLS generally has a very lenient leave of absence policy... one of the lecturers i talked to did 1L at HLS, spent 10 years touring with metallica or something, and then went back to finish his degree
- 11:02 [A] cryptanon: and now he's teaching at HLS
- 11:02 CowardlyJuicyCamel: Hi, thanks for this amazing software. where are you up too with bumble bee? will it be ready for this cycle?
- 11:03 nota999: Well that would certainly give him something to talk about at OCIs lol
- 11:03 BelowMedianSaddie: whoa that is.....way more fun than what my friends have done lmao
- 11:03 Torquatus: i hope class sizes arent raised too much
- 11:04 [A] cryptanon: BundleBee will definitely be ready for this cycle. we reached out to the first batch of banks last week, got replies. our first zoom meeting is scheduled for this thursday
- 11:04 [A] cryptanon: i'll be sending out an email update to bundlebee users this week or next
- 11:04 jp100123: If I applied in Sept. and haven't heard back from Y or H, am I most likely facing a WL/R?
- 11:05 CowardlyJuicyCamel: YEAH, THANKS
- 11:06 [A] cryptanon: i encourage everyone to sign up for BundleBee asap cuz it's really all upside. there's 0 commitment so even if you get a full ride somewhere, the only impact on you will be that you helped us negotiate lower rates for everyone else
- 11:07 StraightLimpingFrog: question: just went UR2 at Berk, good sign? bad sign? stop overthinking?
- 11:07 JoeDangit: man. i'm so upset.
- 11:07 JoeDangit: My Buffalo Bills ain't go far at all yesterday
- 11:07 JoeDangit: i bought like 2 plastic tables
- 11:07 nota999: I keep forgetting to sign up for bundlebee. LSData gets through the web filter at work but bundlebee doesn't, and I don't check the site at home nearly as much
- 11:08 FrankOcean: hi Joe
- 11:08 JoeDangit: oh what's up frank
- 11:08 JoeDangit: what's going on this morning, buddy?
- 11:08 CowardlyJuicyCamel: how will it compare to gov student loans?
- 11:09 masterofallfoursections: @straight i think thats a good sign considering they do A waves on tuesday!
- 11:10 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: Good morning everyone
- 11:10 nota999: Mornin squirrel
- 11:10 FrankOcean: good morning
- 11:10 FrankOcean: we're good
- 11:10 FrankOcean: looking at applying to more jobs bc idk how tf im going to acquire more funds to pay for law school
- 11:10 JoeDangit: i feel that.
- 11:10 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: You'll never pay for law school dawg, just accept the inevitable loans
- 11:10 FrankOcean: fax
- 11:10 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: Debt on debt on debt
- 11:10 JoeDangit: it sucks because the job market is pretty awful too.
- 11:10 FrankOcean: but i could use some more cash
- 11:10 JoeDangit: nah, empty is lowkey right.
- 11:11 FrankOcean: its impossible rn
- 11:11 [A] cryptanon: @Camel: it's still too early to know what rates will be, and i think what i'm allowed to say about loans is super regulated... but speaking as a private individual, federal unsubsidized loans are a very hard deal to beat, but they're limited in what you can take out. private loans will probably be better for filling the gap
- 11:11 JoeDangit: my friend is like "if I save up 70k working for a year, i can pay for law school."
- 11:11 JoeDangit: and he's clowning a bit
- 11:11 Torquatus: dont worry once inflation hits some more debt will all evaporate
- 11:11 JoeDangit: just ask ur parents for more money bro dang
- 11:11 nota999: I'm in the annoying position of, on the one hand, not wanting to leave the job I have in order to save money, but on the other hand not wanting to work for a place that's super underpaying me
- 11:11 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: Maybe Joe will make all the loans disappear :D
- 11:11 yearningtolawyer: @crypt is bundlebee only for private loans?
- 11:11 JoeDangit: nota, i got one word of advice tbh.
- 11:11 JoeDangit: know ur worth, g.
- 11:12 JoeDangit: i feel like that is the best advice anyone can give anyone
- 11:12 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: Wait, have y'all worked jobs that haven't underpaid you?
- 11:12 nota999: Ye, I've got some wage negotiations coming up soon, and I've got a floor in my head where if they try to offer me anything below that I'm leaving.
- 11:12 JoeDangit: i worked a job that overpaid me
- 11:12 [A] cryptanon: @yearningtolawyer: yeah, i don't think we're gonna get big enough to negotiate with the federal gov't this year ;)
- 11:12 JoeDangit: i've also worked a few unp-aid internships
- 11:12 nota999: I mean, most jobs I've done have underpaid me, but most have been at least above the 10th percentile.
- 11:12 JoeDangit: which should be illegal
- 11:13 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: I've had one unpaid internship, definitely should be illegal lol
- 11:13 JoeDangit: okay if I get any acceptances, waitlists, or rejections this week
- 11:13 Torquatus: you were paid with valuable experience
- 11:13 JoeDangit: i'm definitely going to jump onto these plastic tables
- 11:13 JoeDangit: bills mafia style
- 11:14 sufferingprelaw: unpaid internships are the worst, especially when they're for campaigns that claim they pay fair wages!
- 11:14 JoeDangit: saved them for last night thinking that josh allen was gonna take it all the way, but he couldn't deliver.
- 11:14 nota999: @Torquatus unfortunately, Safeway wouldn't accept valuable job experience to pay for my groceries lol
- 11:14 fearseitan: love to tell my landlord "i don't have money but I CAN pay you with this valuable experience I got"
- 11:14 Torquatus: lol
- 11:14 JoeDangit: is there ever any valuable experience tbh
- 11:14 JoeDangit: the most valuable experience i ever got was how to hone my Alt+tab skills
- 11:14 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: My unpaid internship gave me a gift at the end of the experience though! A $5 Starbucks gift card
- 11:14 sufferingprelaw: networking i guess? thats what they claim
- 11:14 JoeDangit: to pretend that i was working
- 11:14 EmptyAuspiciousSquirrel: What can I get with $5
- 11:15 JoeDangit: a cup of water.
- 11:15 nota999: A small drip coffee
- 11:15 JoeDangit: you ungrateful