catpluscoffee's profile - Class of 2024
i tried not to check my status checker so I didn't pay too close attention to UR dates.
If you want deets or advice you can message me on reddit @cat-plus-coffee :) can't promise I will respond timely but I will try.
- Wrote a Why X or Supplemental Essay for every single school except T6 and UT
- Wrote an LSAT addendum for a poor test score my first time (Had a valid reason)
- Overall probably an average KJD candidate with a slightly above-average application. I really leveraged my personal experiences and internships in my PS, and I had decent work experience and legal internships upon applying (but nothing astounding).
- WRITE YOUR WHY X. DO IT. IT CANNOT HURT YOU.
- Spend a loooooong time on your PS. Reddit/LSD make it seem like a numbers game (and it is), but in this SUPER tough cycle I think I made an impression on the schools I got into via my essays. Write a draft, edit, scrap it if need be, edit again, have 800 million people read it, until it's something you think is special.
- Don't be afraid to write a GPA/LSAT addendum. I went back and forth, but ultimately decided I wanted to explain my previously low score instead of letting them guess. Worse comes to worse, they read it and WL/R you anyway. Best come to best, they actually consider it. Keep it short and concise.
|Result||App type||FW||Resident||Schol...||Sent||Sent raw||Received||Received raw||Complete||Complete raw||UR||UR raw||UR2||UR2 raw||II||II raw||Decision||Decision raw|
|4||Columbia University||Waitlisted||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Feb 15||2021-02-15|
|13||Cornell University||Accepted||RDregular decision||nono||no||$60,000||Oct 12||2020-10-12||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Jan 19||2021-01-19|
|12||Duke University||Accepted||RDregular decision||nono||no||$105,000||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Oct 14||2020-10-14||Oct 14||2020-10-14||Mar 10||2021-03-10|
|14||Georgetown University||WL, Withdrawn||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Dec 11||2020-12-11|
|3||Harvard University||Rejected||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Jan 14||2021-01-14|
|6||New York University||Pending||ED➜RDearly decision deferred to regular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13|
|9||Northwestern University||WL, Withdrawn||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Jan 28||2021-01-28|
|4||UChicago||Rejected||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Jan 22||2021-01-22|
|9||UMichigan||WL, Withdrawn||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 12||2020-10-12||Oct 16||2020-10-16||Feb 05||2021-02-05|
|7||UPennsylvania||WL, Withdrawn||RDregular decision||nono||no||Nov 17||2020-11-17||Feb 24||2021-02-24|
|16||UTexas at Austin||Accepted||RDregular decision||nono||yes||$45,000||Oct 13||2020-10-13||Dec 09||2020-12-09|
|8||UVirginia||WL, Withdrawn||RDregular decision||nono||no||Oct 24||2020-10-24||Mar 16||2021-03-16|