DerangedExoticHusky's profile - Class of 2024
|Boston College||Accepted||RDregular decision||no||no||Oct 30||Dec 02||Jan 14|
|Georgetown University||Waitlisted||Unknown||no||no||Dec 18|
|New York University||Pending||Unknown||yes||no||Nov 03|
|Ohio State University||Accepted||RDregular decision||yes||no||$150,000||Oct 29||Oct 30||Oct 30||Dec 07|
|UPennsylvania||Pending||Unknown||no||no||Nov 18||Dec 16|
Status checks in queue: 0
- 18:41 HufflepuffPILawyer: law schools should really consider difficulty of major more
- 18:41 Torquatus: i thank penn state for my existence
- 18:41 Torquatus: my parents met there. fun school
- 18:41 HufflepuffPILawyer: like my university has a bunch of different colleges, who each have their own average GPA's
- 18:42 SymptomaticRacialMaltese: good school, bad former football coach
- 18:42 EnchantingSeahorse: wya vandy witching hour
- 18:42 masterofallfoursections: Wednesday is also NYU day
- 18:42 HufflepuffPILawyer: my college's average gpa is like 3.1 when my friend in a different major has like a 3.8 average in her college :(
- 18:42 Torquatus: ready to get hurt again seahorse?
- 18:42 masterofallfoursections: if i get into columbia this week guys, im venmonig yall $8
- 18:43 HufflepuffPILawyer: why'd i choose to study accounting
- 18:43 SymptomaticRacialMaltese: @master preciate you bro
- 18:43 EnchantingSeahorse: oh im ready torquatus
- 18:43 HufflepuffPILawyer: and @the person asking about W&M
- 18:44 HufflepuffPILawyer: I think this week is a big wave
- 18:44 235711317: @Hufflepuff ya I'm a math major I feel ya, but I guess it's just hard to figure out what the deal is for every school and every major
- 18:44 235711317: also the fact that my GPA matters 5+ years out of college is just lol
- 18:46 dkh2020: math-cs here
- 18:46 dkh2020: its been rough
- 18:47 235711317: lol yeah masters in CS
- 18:47 HufflepuffPILawyer: yea like i get A's in classes like upper division justice studies and philosophy easy
- 18:47 235711317: and they don't even look at my masters grade
- 18:47 HufflepuffPILawyer: but get B's in my accounting classes
- 18:47 SymptomaticRacialMaltese: Oh god i feel so bad for the law applicants who did CS
- 18:48 SymptomaticRacialMaltese: and their gpas are naturally lower
- 18:48 urleastfavteacher: my god lol Penn updated my status post-WL
- 18:48 urleastfavteacher: but
- 18:48 urleastfavteacher: only to say "Penn Carey Law"
- 18:48 urleastfavteacher: instead of Penn Law
- 18:48 EnchantingSeahorse: that's cruel hahahah
- 18:48 HufflepuffPILawyer: haha "holistic review"
- 18:49 HufflepuffPILawyer: like man i can write a killer essay but can't figure out the shareholder's dividend
- 18:49 HufflepuffPILawyer: what do they say? bad driver good lawyer
- 18:50 Torquatus: its a holistic review
- 18:50 HufflepuffPILawyer: why can't it be bad accountant good lawyer
- 18:50 Torquatus: of your whole goa/lsat stats
- 18:54 Torquatus: well i guess vanderbilt aint coming today. may the gods be with you enchanctingseahorse
- 18:56 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: These admissions committees are so slow this year lol
- 18:56 SleepyAbstractedChipmunk: I got 3 decisions all in 1 day today - hang in there folks, they shall come.
- 18:56 EnchantingSeahorse: and the disappointment continues
- 18:57 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: I know right?
- 18:58 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: @sleepy dang jackpot day for you! I have only received one of 3 back
- 18:58 HalfUnknownSnail: I have a feeling we will be seeing a massive Rejection wave at UCLA once the January LSAT is released
- 18:58 EnchantingSeahorse: sitting on 7 rejections and two waitlists
- 18:59 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: sitting on one acceptance and waiting on two decisions...
- 19:00 EnchantingSeahorse: its a risky little game we play
- 19:00 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: yes, yes it is and I am sick of the game lol
- 19:04 DaleMinami: UCLA Waitlist fuck
- 19:04 EnchantingSeahorse: welcome to ze club
- 19:04 PreLawPhiAlphaDelta: Dale at least it isn't a flat out rejection, still got a chance!
- 19:05 DaleMinami: Was never rejected for college apps
- 19:06 DaleMinami: and now fate is taking back my ego
- 19:06 DaleMinami: forever
- 19:08 Kehlani: Did anyone else apply to the entire T20 with the exception of a few schools?
- 19:09 Kehlani: Like I decided to blanket the T20 but didn’t apply to stanford, st louis, or berkely
- 19:09 mayoicecream: I basically did the same except no Yale, UVA, WUSTL
- 19:10 Kehlani: If you don’t mind me asking, why didn’t you apply to those schools? For me I knew I didn’t want to live in st louis or oakland
- 19:12 HufflepuffPILawyer: @kehlani you can always live a bit further like in San Jose or Milpitas. We just got a new BART extension that goes to San Jose
- 19:12 HufflepuffPILawyer: It’s only like an hour or so into the citt
- 19:12 HufflepuffPILawyer: city
- 19:12 HufflepuffPILawyer: for UCB at least
- 19:12 mayoicecream: I didnt want to live in STLU, I hate connecticut, and honestly the UVA section about your hobbies seemed like too much work to fill out for a school that seems way too similar to duke
- 19:13 mayoicecream: and gives worse scholarships
- 19:13 mayoicecream: so basically same
- 19:14 235711317: @mayo what about Connecticut? I've never been so I'm curious
- 19:14 Kehlani: @huff thanks for letting me know!! I missed the deadline for a fee waiver for berkley and since they were the only school that didn’t give me one, I don’t think i’m going to apply but it’s nice to know that BART extended
- 19:15 Kehlani: @mayo yea the uva thing was annoying but i’m a splitter and I wanted to throw my ball in every court haha
- 19:15 UnableGrouchyBat: is it a good sign if people who applied later than you are starting to get R's but you haven't heard back? I know it's all tea leaves but ...... one can dream..
- 19:16 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: omg KEHLANI R U GOING TO LAW SCHOOL
- 19:17 Kehlani: LMFAOOOOOO
- 19:17 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: wow we could be going into the legal field with a true american hero
- 19:17 Kehlani: i’m in actual tears lol
- 19:18 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: will you release a new album with facts about the legal system in your lyrics
- 19:18 Kehlani: Guess I shouldnt have said I don’t want to live in Oakland lol
- 19:18 Kehlani: oh absolutely... What should I rhyme with caveat emptor?
- 19:19 Glaucon191: orange
- 19:19 Kehlani: I love a challenge
- 19:19 Glaucon191: hahahaha
- 19:19 Kehlani: "a true american hero" really took me out
- 19:20 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: don't talk yourself down girl your 2020 album is surely a t2 soft at the least
- 19:21 Kehlani: thee best album of the year smh
- 19:21 LegallyClueless: What is a t14 school that actually looks holistically? Or do none actually? I want to apply to a higher school but my stats aren't quite up there
- 19:21 bonitaapplebaum: Kehlani you were robbed of a Grammy nom
- 19:21 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: @bonita preach
- 19:22 Kehlani: @clueless with your stats you should give the t14 a try
- 19:22 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: @clueless it is all such a toss up honestly, but you for sure could give a shot at t14
- 19:22 Kehlani: the worst that can happen is you get rejected but you never know if you don’t try :)
- 19:23 LegallyClueless: fair! Thanks guys!!
- 19:23 Kehlani: @bonita factual :(
- 19:24 SleepyAbstractedChipmunk: Clueless you should 100% go for it as long as you have the $ for apps. But just pick a few not all of them lol.
- 19:26 masterofallfoursections: I want things to happen tomorrow
- 19:27 LegallyClueless: I have been thinking of applying to penn! My top choice is georgetown but I am not sure if i will get in because their apps have gone up so much though
- 19:27 Kehlani: you gotta shoot ur shot @clueless
- 19:31 SleepyAbstractedChipmunk: ^ yeah dont worry about that shit. as long as you feel really good about your LORs & writing, I would go for it.
- 19:32 SleepyAbstractedChipmunk: your stats are at least high enough for your app to get looked at
- 19:33 LegallyClueless: Cool! Thanks guys!
- 19:40 Glaucon191: That will be 5 dollars for the advice and support. Thank you!
- 19:41 [A] cryptanon: whoa now, i'm gonna need to see your billable hours for that
- 19:41 guineapiglover: @ Crypt how often are you on this site?
- 19:42 guineapiglover: I know it's your job and all but jw how many hours a day you're active
- 19:44 ispecializeinbirdlaw: @crypt is there any chance we’ll see a “date sent” versus “decision date” graph? Also u rock
- 19:44 Bonobosareunderrated: I know I'm old bc when I saw "jw" I thought it meant "jee whiz" which doesn't even make sense because it should be "gee whiz"
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ G I V E W A V E ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
- 19:47 jungkook: ✨Berkeley will accept me tomorrow✨
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ G I V E W A V E ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
- 19:48 StraightLimpingFrog: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ G I V E W A V E ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
- 19:50 CompletelyLegalGiraffe: omg @jung me too! what an exciting coincidence to look forward to!!!
- 19:51 jungkook: hi future law school bestie 🤩
- 19:51 cathxfair7197: freaking minnesota sneaking a waitlist in at 7:51 est
- 19:52 FestiveEvasiveSnail: Just finished my cornell interview 🥴
- 19:52 [A] cryptanon: whoooo hope it went well!
- 19:52 Bonobosareunderrated: ahh I have my Chicago interview tomorrow and I'm very nervous
- 19:53 FestiveEvasiveSnail: it was wild to say the least hahahahah I think it went ok though actually way better than northwestern at least
- 19:53 Bonobosareunderrated: also I have a mini sleeve so I gotta get my makeup on
- 19:53 Bonobosareunderrated: is Cornell Kira?
- 19:53 FestiveEvasiveSnail: yes
- 19:53 Bonobosareunderrated: ew
- 19:53 Bonobosareunderrated: I don't like Kiras
- 19:53 Lawsimp: I just got the invite today and I'm terrified LOL
- 19:53 FestiveEvasiveSnail: some of the written questions were mild to moderately yikes but welp i tried
- 19:53 FestiveEvasiveSnail: So did i @lawsimp hahahaha
- 19:54 FestiveEvasiveSnail: I decided to just knock it out and get it over with
- 19:54 Lawsimp: hahah wow you're on it!
- 19:54 Lawsimp: I wish I had your bravery
- 19:54 Lawsimp: I looked at practice questions and wimped out and then gave myself a deadline in 5 days
- 19:54 FestiveEvasiveSnail: it honestly wasn’t that bad! The written ones were a little rough but the video ones I got were super softball thankfully
- 19:54 FestiveEvasiveSnail: The Kira RNG gods smiled upon me
- 19:55 Lawsimp: praying they will do the same for me haha
- 19:55 FestiveEvasiveSnail: manifesting chill kira questions for you you got this
- 19:55 Lawsimp: was it 5 video questions and 2 written?
- 19:56 Lawsimp: oh sorry they do say not to disclose it so if you don't want to that's okay!
- 19:56 Lawsimp: thank you!
- 19:56 Lawsimp: i hope you get good news back!
- 19:56 FestiveEvasiveSnail: I’m not sure if they say not to disclose the # but it is slightly more questions than that - not much however 😉
- 19:56 235711317: @bonobo it's pretty chill -- don't worry about it! Make sure to have a few q's ready to go at the end
- 19:57 FestiveEvasiveSnail: yas @bonobos you got this
- 19:57 Lawsimp: haha got it!
- 19:58 Lawsimp: good luck @bonobos!
- 19:59 ShikamaruTheLawyer: anyone still under review at loyola chicago?
- 20:00 BelowMedianSaddie: i am @shikamaru
- 20:00 ShikamaruTheLawyer: thanks for responding, when did you apply?
- 20:01 BelowMedianSaddie: i applied december 6 and went ur the 23d
- 20:01 ShikamaruTheLawyer: awesome thanks for letting me know
- 20:01 ShikamaruTheLawyer: good luck
- 20:01 BelowMedianSaddie: you too!!
- 20:02 jungkook: illinoians rise up 🔝
- 20:02 BelowMedianSaddie: @jungkook lollll i am not an illinoian but my sister lives in chicago so it would be nice to be near her
- 20:03 jungkook: oh LOL its okay nice to know people still want to be in the midwest
- 20:06 fancypants: Guys, I ignored LSA and LSD most of the day and actually did my work and it felt really good. Of course now that it's 5 pm I'm right back here.
- 20:07 jungkook: gib ur self control
- 20:12 dkh2020: I didnt know that was possible
- 20:12 dkh2020: catch me checking statuses on Sunday at 2 in the morning
- 20:15 fancypants: well I have a hummingbird nest in my backyard so I'm basically a mom now, which put everything in perspective
- 20:15 fancypants: gotta bring home that bacon until the chicks fledge
- 20:20 HalfUnknownSnail: UCLA hit us with a 26 person decision wave today
- 20:20 lshopeful2021: hummingbirds are so dope though
- 20:20 HalfUnknownSnail: lets get a golf clap going for them getting the ball moving beyond the teens finally
- 20:46 Hobojoe: hey guys can we start our own law school
- 20:47 HufflepuffPILawyer: ^
- 20:48 HufflepuffPILawyer: Hobojoe school of law
- 20:48 HufflepuffPILawyer: where even the 120/2.0 are welcome
- 20:49 [A] cryptanon: you should call it Princeton Law School to capture all the lay prestige
- 20:49 HufflepuffPILawyer: as long as you have the will to learn
- 20:49 [A] cryptanon: it's basically free real estate
- 20:49 Hobojoe: Maybe we can pull a Penn
- 20:49 Hobojoe: Princeton Hobo Joe
- 20:50 HufflepuffPILawyer: hobojoe university law center
- 20:50 jungkook: can i be a professor idk what id teach but id like to be one
- 20:50 HufflepuffPILawyer: knock gulc to P-15
- 20:50 HufflepuffPILawyer: @jungkook entertainment law
- 20:50 HufflepuffPILawyer: DUH
- 20:50 CapableDebt: you're stealing UCLA's goal lamo
- 20:50 Hobojoe: surprised ucla hasnt done that already tbh
- 20:50 CapableDebt: *lmao
- 20:50 jungkook: international entertainment law 😎
- 20:51 Hobojoe: yesssss
- 20:51 Hobojoe: youre hired
- 20:51 HufflepuffPILawyer: can i teach wizarding law
- 20:51 HufflepuffPILawyer: or how to get along with your fellow attorneys
- 20:52 jungkook: Dark arts but its really mergers and acquisitions
- 20:52 Hobojoe: move over cravath
- 20:53 HufflepuffPILawyer: we need a dean
- 20:53 HufflepuffPILawyer: dean sylvester seems like a really cool guy
- 20:53 HufflepuffPILawyer: i mean just look at his smile
- 20:53 HufflepuffPILawyer: i make a motion to recruit dean sylvester for hobojoe school of law
- 20:55 Hobojoe: can we afford to hire him?
- 20:55 Hobojoe: Hobos are notoriously strapped for cash
- 20:55 logankeen4: no, but we may be able to afford dean sylvester, identically named former pro hockey player. he's a knockoff dean sylvester.
- 20:58 Hobojoe: I like it, you get the name reputation and save some ca$h
- 20:58 Hobojoe: where are we located?
- 21:00 logankeen4: Grand Cayman? For tax purposes? But headquartered in delaware
- 21:05 HufflepuffPILawyer: ^found the corporate attorney
- 21:06 HufflepuffPILawyer: ok next step. ABA accreditation
- 21:08 FluffyCookie1: ABA accreditation? Just bribe them. That's probably what predatory tier 3 schools do anyhow.
- 21:10 logankeen4: ha yeah I'll teach "tax law"
- 21:20 Hobojoe: we can always base ourselves in california to get around those pesky ABA requirements
- 21:21 Hobojoe: but we need to find a way to still get those tasty delaware tax benefits
- 21:24 akhenaten: ok realtalk......when after law school do you even take the bar
- 21:25 dozefalls: Usually July the summer after
- 21:31 SlippinJimmy: Can anyone link a resource re: when schools typically let you know about their financial aid packages? It looks like it will be close with the deposit deadlines, so any info appreciated.